There are a few things you may not know about Hawaiian beaches that can make your visit more enjoyable. For example, did you know that some beaches have black sand instead of the traditional white sand? Or that the water can be quite cold, even in the summertime?
Here are a few of the best beaches to visit in Hawaii:
1. Waikiki Beach – This world-famous beach is located in Honolulu and is often filled with people. The water here is warm and perfect for swimming, and there are plenty of restaurants and shops nearby if you need to take a break from the sun.
2. Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve – This beach is a great place to snorkel, as the water is filled with colorful fish and coral. The bay is also a nature preserve, so be sure to keep an eye out for turtles and dolphins swimming nearby.
3. Lanikai Beach – This beach is often considered to be one of the most beautiful beaches in all of Hawaii. The water is crystal clear and perfect for swimming, and the white sand beach is a great place to relax.
4. Kailua Beach – This beach is also located in Honolulu and is a great place for swimming, sunbathing, and surfing. The waves here are usually pretty gentle, making it a great spot for beginners.
5. Waimea Bay – This beach is located on the North Shore of Oahu and is known for its big waves. If you’re looking for a challenge, try surfing or bodysurfing at Waimea Bay. Just be careful not to get caught in a rip current!
No matter which Hawaiian beach you choose to visit, you’re sure to have a wonderful time. So grab your sunscreen and beach towel and get ready for some sun and sand!